Friday, February 15, 2008

Does the MDX come with a cup?

I truly have a heart for Honda. Growing up, my dad's first new car purchase was a 1985 Honda Accord LX. It was metallic blue. Together, we loved that car for what seemed like an eternity at the age of 12. When we sold it, I sobbed as if I had lost a brother, and I have a feeling my dad did the same behind closed doors. So please know that these last couple of posts come not from a flippant desire to criticize but from a sincere and heartfelt disappointment.


Seriously Honda, you are so much better than this. SH-AWD? Are you kidding? Kudos to your engineers for the clean execution of a brilliant idea, but you should have left the branding to another department void of pocket protectors. Ask 10 relevantly dressed Americans to do a free association exercise with the word "SHAWD," and I pretty much guarantee that what you hear from them will not be words you want associated with you or your car.

I happen to be wearing a fairly spiffy shirt today, so let me take a stab at it: Hmmm...SHAWD. Sounds like a dirty word. I can just hear Joe Rogan screaming, "Ooo!!! Wow!!! That was nasty! He got a knee square in the shawd! Looks like Referee Herb Dean is gonna have to stop the fight...Yeah, that's it. It's over. That's really unfortunate..."

No comments: